Dear Tristone guest,
Your health is our priority. Our reopening plans include a wide range of new health and safety measures based on guidelines provided from the CDC and other public health organizations. We're investing in new practices that will allow us to maintain the cleanliness and sanitization of auditoriums, concession areas, restrooms, and all high-touch areas. As we put these new practices into place, we do ask all our guests to be patient with the slight increase in time that full sanitization requires. This will all add up to a better, safer moviegoing experience for everybody. The following are the new practices that we are implementing.
Social Distancing in the Auditoriums
- All auditoriums will be limited to 25% seating capacity
- Every other row of seats will be empty and tickets will not be sold for them
- Reserved Seating is being implemented in order to maintain three empty seats between groups to ensure social distancing throughout the movie
- Please abide by all other social distancing rules and visual aids on the premises
Seats Sanitized Before Every Movie
- All auditoriums are disinfected with products identified by the EPA to be effective in eliminating COVID-19.
- Any seat that is occupied will be sanitized again before the next showtime, as well as adjacent seats, handrails and children’s booster seats.
- We encourage all guests to purchase tickets online, which will allow for a more contactless in-theatre experience.
- If you prefer to purchase tickets in a theatre, we have streamlined our ticket verification process to minimize contact and get you to your movie faster.
- Guests who purchase tickets online via our website or app (third-party provider such as Fandango) are no longer required to also carry a printed ticket.
Increased sanitization throughout the Theater
- This includes using products identified by the EPA to be effective in eliminating COVID-19 throughout the theatre, including high-touch and concession areas and restrooms.
- We will have hand sanitizers at the box office and at all active concession stand registers so that all guests have the opportunity to sanitize their hands as often as desired during their visit.
Removing access to self serve stations
- To reduce the amount of touchpoints in the theater, we will be making certain stations unavailable for self service
- We will provide you with a side of Kernel Season’s Popcorn Seasoning with any popcorn purchase
- We will provide sides of butter for your popcorn
- We will pour your drinks from our Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines and you can choose to purchase bottled drinks
- Refills on popcorn and drinks will be suspended
- Condiments will be available by request
Please note the following guidelines to ensure the safety of our employees and of other guests.
- Wear masks in common open areas; they are required
- Make use of available hand sanitizer
- Wash hands for minimum 20 seconds after restroom use
- Maintain social distancing at all times
- Stay home and do not approach the buildings if you are experiencing any of the following: fever or chills, shortness of breath, cough, fatigue, body aches, sore throat, runny nose, or any other symptoms indicating illness
- Be patient with our employees assisting you at this time
- Abide by additional guidelines from staff, and by directions indicated by other signage and visual aids
To ensure the health and wellbeing of our Tristone Employees, we will also be putting the following precautionary safety measures in place:
- Face masks are required at all times
- Extra face protection is required for employees that interact directly with guests
- Wash hands for minimum 20 seconds every 30 minutes
- Sanitize surfaces regularly
- Provide new containers for refilled concession items
- Maintain social distancing as much as possible while working
- Do not take breaks together; maintain social distancing even while on break
- Alert managers immediately if you are not feeling well
- Wellness Checks
- All Tristone theatre employees will complete a wellness check-in prior to their shift. Supervisors will ask about each employee's wellness, complete a temperature check, and remind them of any protocol updates. For any employee who is not feeling well or has a fever, it is mandatory that they NOT work their shift.